Thursday, February 28, 2008
Posted by Brandie at 10:37 AM
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Brand new customer, Krista Kelley, ordered a very special quote in "fall colors" for her friend and ex-boss. She says that this person was the inspiration she needed to mature and find direction in her life.
Her story was just so touching and heartfelt. I was more than happy to do it and completely honored that she thought of my canvases as a way to express her feelings. I am more and more impressed by young people today.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Ashley Williams ordered this cutie for a baby shower gift. What an adorable little pink and green ladybug! Everybody knows that I love this color combination, but this one is just too cute. I combined striped and polka dots for the first time, and I am really happy with how it turned out. I also like the lime and kelly greens together.
Posted by Brandie at 9:58 AM
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Posted by Brandie at 9:51 AM
Carter, Lauren, and I all have the flu. I thought I had been sick before, but nothing has been like this. If you've had it, then you know what I am talking about. It is terrible! We have been completely off of our feet for four days. Please keep us, and our wonderful "Nurse Mike", in your thoughts for a healthy return!
Posted by Brandie at 9:46 AM
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Posted by Brandie at 10:52 AM
Emily didn't fare much better. She has some tissue damage to her shoulder. Maybe we should wait on those X Games! I don't think they are ready for us.
Posted by Brandie at 10:40 AM
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
This time my other sister, Miss Em, sent me the qusetions email. I thought this one had some different questions on it and enjoyed filling it out so I am passing it on. My mom tagged me, too, and I learned some things about her. Who knew?
I think Toree over at the Craven 5 is such a beautiful, interesting person so I am tagging her. Enjoy and pass it on!
1. What is your occupation? teacher/artist
2. What color are your socks right now? white shorties
3. What are you listening to right now? my classroom phone ringing
4. What was the last thing that you ate? pizza and a chocolate covered marshmallow (it's party day)
5. Can you drive a stick shift? not really, but have before...wasn't pretty
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? aqua
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Angela Trapp, school counselor
8. How old are you today? 32
9. Favorite drink? slushy punch
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? not a fan, but I do like to watch my son
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, this is a new thing for me!
12. Pets? border collie, Riley, and cat, Dee
13. What is in your CD player right now? Billy Joel
14. Last movie you watched? Tuck Everlasting, we read the book in class so we got to rent the movie, too. Michael Clayton was the last theater movie for me!
15. What do you do to vent anger? raise my voice, eat, clean, and I've been known to slam a door or two!
16. Favorite day of the year? Christmas Day
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbie Dream House
18. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Fall
19. Hugs or kisses? Kisses
20. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry
21. When was the last time you cried? When I gave myself a concussion skiing last weekend
22. What is on the floor of your closet? lots of shoes
23. What inspires you? Beautiful artwork, traveling, my children, going to church, my students, quiet time, being outdoors...lots of things, really.
24. What are you afraid of? kidnappers
25. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheese
26. Favorite car? Volvo
27. Favorite cat breed? Calico
28. Number of keys on your key ring? five and a clicker
29. How many years at your current job? five
30. Favorite day of the week? Friday
Posted by Brandie at 12:56 PM
Monday, February 18, 2008
Ever since I posted "Kaleb's Horse" a while back, the horses have been so popular. That one was in yellow, orange, and red. I think it has taken off because boys and girls of all ages love horses. Plus, they look great in just about any colors.
This is really the first girly horse I did, but trust me, there is more on the way! Jaime Ashby got this one to give as a birthday gift.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Paula Smith ordered these little canvases...for Christmas! Props to her for being so on top of things. Knowing me, I would forget where I put them before December came along!
The camo is new and I love dragonflies! Cute!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Oops...I was experimenting with blogger and accidentally wiped out my blog except for a few basic things. I am putting it back piece by piece. I've got my "to do" list back, but I think there were ten things on there and now I only have nine. If your name isn't on there and you haven't gotten a call or email from me saying that your order is ready, please let me know! Sorry about that!
Okay...I figured it out! I was missing Allison's order for Channing's nursery. How could I forget that?!
Posted by Brandie at 8:00 AM
Monday, February 11, 2008
Natasha Neely is living one of my dreams, to see my name in lights. How cool would that be? She was a performer at Dollywood this past summer and recently played in her hometown at Goldie's Opryhouse. Now she is at Belmont and is working on her second demo. Wow! Her good friend, Randi Fuston, sent me this photo of her in action to add to the post. Isn't she gorgeous?!
Randi also sent me the photo below and wanted something special to help Natasha celebrate the occasion. I thought that was such a neat idea. I just couldn't say no, even though I was a little intimidated. This is different from what I usually do! Randi is such a great customer. She always seems to have some unusual idea that pushes me creatively!
The good thing is that sometimes when you try something different, you find something wonderful.
Posted by Brandie at 8:31 PM
Posted by Brandie at 9:25 AM
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Ashley Williams ordered the Cowboy Alphabet that I posted a while back. A little later, she ordered a horse with Eli's name on it to go with it. I did the background colors and the rope border just the same. They are so cute together!
I added white satin and light blue sheer ribbon to the horse, but lots of times on "boy canvases" I tie a knot instead of a bow. I don't know, it just looks more masculine to me somehow!
Thanks so much for your order, Ashley, and your wonderful idea!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Natalie Miller redeemed her gift certificate for a tractor for her sweet little boy, Aiden. He really likes the farm and all things farm related.
I thought it turned out really clean and simple, but fun at the same time. I think it is going on his bedroom door. Cute!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
My friend Joy Tubb at Simply Joy Catering blog tagged me to list five things you may not know about me. I feel like I've already spilled it all...but here it goes!
1. I am an ebay addict. I buy and sell everything on there. Mike refers to it as "my habit".
2. I have lost a total of 61 pounds over the last two years or so. I feel so healthy! Finally!
3. I drove the same car for almost sixteen years. I got a brand new Honda Accord for my sixteenth birthday and had it until I recently got a Honda Odyssey. I cried when I left the lot. If I see one like it on the road, I get a litle misty. I will have another one someday.
4. I want to cruise the Nile. Maybe for our twentieth anniversary???
5. I have never had a broken bone or stitches, and I've nver been to the emergency room for myself. I don't know if I am really careful or really lucky!
Now I am tagging my sis, Ashley, and her new blog. I always get a kick out of everything Allison Cummins writes, so I am tagging her, too! You all have a good day...enjoy the sunshine:).
Posted by Brandie at 9:45 AM
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Randi Fuston ordered a canvas for a coworker and friend who is expecting a baby girl. Angie Carter has little Henslea on the way very soon.
Randi sent me this photo of her bedding and wanted polka dots to match. She specified a white canvas because the walls are lavender. This one is a little larger than what I usually do dots on at 16x20. I think this will look really pretty in the nursery.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Posted by Brandie at 10:55 AM
Monday, February 4, 2008
Mandy Byars is just one of my favorite customers ever! She is so funny! She sent me an email and the subject line was something like, "Yikes! My front door is naked"!
She wanted something nonseasonal that would look great all year round. My favorite part is that she sent me a picture of her beautiful house and told me to do whatever. I had fun with this one!
I came up with this pretty swirly paisley design. I tried to incorporate the reddish brown color of the wood and the green in the roof. I think these are my new favorite colors!
This is a new size, 8x24, so it is long and skinny which is great for longer names. It looks really neat turned either way. I will have another one just like Mandy's at the Craft Show!
Thanks Mandy! As always, it was a pleasure!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
To know Stephanie Keith is to love her. She is always so sweet and has the nicest things to say. Her whole family is like that! I was so happy to fill this order for her.
Stephanie ordered this pretty pineapple for her home. She chose the taupe background instead of the brick red color I usually use. I added the thin black line around the outside and a wide black satin ribbon. I think it turned out looking really classy.