Blush Black Gold Bedroom Before and After


This is my daughter's room.  Yes, Lauren got the largest bedroom.  I explained earlier that having that window seat was very important to her.  Carter will be off to college in a couple of years, so maybe we'll do some room switching then!  
Anyway, this is a nice big room with a huge closet, but it is shaped kind of weird.  I think it was actually two small rooms at some point.  One half of the floor was beautiful old hardwood and the other half was tile.  It was painted beige with a ceiling like a sky.  I can't explain.  It also has outdated ceiling fans.


The after...I love it!  The walls here painted a soft blush color.  It was so hard to get this one right.  I didn't want peach and I didn't want it too dark or too light.  The trim got a fresh coat of Summer Gray.  The fans were replaced with chandeliers from Pottery Barn Teen.  I hung matching black curtain rods from Wayfair and bold striped curtains from Zulily.  The curtains in the back got a double rod and sheers so they can be left open for natural light.  The tile was also taken up and hardwood laid to match for a continuous feel.


Lauren's bed is a family heirloom.  The bedding came from Pottery Barn and the prints and frames from Ikea.  Here black rolling nightstands and vintage look lamps also came from Ikea.


Here is the fantastic window seat.  It already had the cushion, but it was covered in a magnolia print fabric.  I had it recovered in a soft black velvet.  We immediately filled it up with lots of throw pillows!


That back wall with the closet door got the gold dot treatment!


I bought the shelves at Ikea and painted the brackets with gold spray paint.  The file organizer and pencil cup came from World Market.  Lauren loves bins and filing and labeling.  I wanted to do built in bookshelves all around the window, but the budget got too tight.  This was a nice, inexpensive alternative.


I love her desk area!  We've collected all of the items for the collage over time.  The desk came from Wayfair and the chair is from Ikea.  It was blue and we painted it gold.  I painted her flowerpot for the succulents.

Just scroll back and forth on the before and after for this one.  The difference is amazing!  Really, we did not do a lot structurally to this room.  Other than removing the tile and adding the hardwood, it was just paint and glitter!  I think she has a room that she can really enjoy!




Comments