Master Bathroom Before and After


This before photo was taken after some demo was done.  There was a tile mosaic floor - of a fish! - in creams and tans.  There was also more of that Tuscan tile counter top.  When we ripped the floor up, there was more of the original hardwood floor.  It was beautiful, but I just didn't want wood as my bathroom floor.  The pieces were pulled up and used to fill in bad spots in the rest of the house.  The only things I kept in this photo are the faucets, the cabinets on the wall, and the original wall tile and towel bars.


The after!  I love my bathroom.  The after is just amazing.  The walls were painted School Boy Blue by Valspar.  The cabinetry was made by a local builder.  He uses a powder coat paint.  I had that color matched at Lowe's and painted the wall cabinets to match.  He made new doors for those cabinets and I had frosted glass put in them.  I think the slatted doors looked dated.  I also had the lighting in the sides of the cabinets removed.  New lighting from Houzz was added over the mirror instead.  That just seemed to make more sense!  


When we ordered our new counter top, we chose to have the square sinks made in for easy cleaning and no caulking.  I added a large outlet under the mirror and a new mirror from Wayfair.  The colors compliment to original white tile now.


The other side of the room was where the floor had a bit of damage and served as kind of a warning!  I also do not like cleaning shower doors, so those were removed.  This is a cast iron tub.  Those suckers do not want to come out!  We chose to leave it and update the faucets and shower head.  Other than that, it just got a good cleaning, some tile repair, and new caulking.


I added the hotel shelf from Lowe's for both hanging and storage, a matching curtain rod, and a white waffle shower curtain from Target.  I wanted to keep it all clean and simple with no patterns or crazy colors.  "Classic Spa" is what I'm calling it!

You can only see a small smidge of it, but we did a beautiful gray tile in here in a herringbone pattern.  The tile guy said it was a "challenge" and had never done anything like it before, but he was taking pictures of it afterwards.

I had a vision for this bathroom and am so proud seeing it all come together.  Picking and choosing things from all over the place and bringing them together in the hopes that it will all work is daunting.  I thought the blue was too blue before we added all of the gray and white.  I had a towel bar purchased and took it back and exchanged it for the hotel shelf.  I measured 500 times and said a prayer before ordering my mirror.  Just think of it as a trip and you are just planning the little stops along the way!


Comments