Show Us Your Life - Book Lists

I am so excited about Kelly's Show Us Your Life topic today...Reading Lists!  I LOVE to read and read almost every night before bedtime.  There's always a stack of books on my nightstand!  However, my husband got me a Kindle for my birthday so the actual stack is much smaller now.  
I like mysteries - you won't find any mushy love stories here!  One of my all time favorite mystery series is Sue Grafton's alphabet series.  They feature a female private detective back in the 80's when you had to solve crimes or find people without a computer.


After I read all of those and am impatiently waiting for next one, I found a similar series based on numbers by James Patterson.  These mysteries also feature a female detective but these are in modern day.  They have a great cast of supporting characters and are very suspenseful!


When I'm not reading mysteries, I like to laugh.  Tina Fey's (love her!) autobiography made me laugh out loud several times.


I guess this is the closest I'll get to a romance novel.  This is fiction loosely based on the relationship between George and Laura Bush.  It was fascinating to get a look behind the perfect facade and see that all people have secrets and problems.  Great read!

I've just discovered Dave Sedaris and I'm a little bit in love with him.  Like Tina Fey, he makes me laugh out loud like crazy!  His books are so smart and absurdly funny.  He takes ordinary circumstances or characters and makes them hilarious.  I can't wait to read more!
  
My #1 book of the past year was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  It absolutely sucked me in.  I can usually figure out who did it, but this one left me with my mouth hanging open.  I immediately went out and bought every book she's wrote.  They're all good, but this one is the best.  It's going to be a movie produced by Reese Witherspoon - so read it NOW!
I am going to go and check out all the other reading lists.  I need some new good reads and can't wait to see all of your favorites!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

I recently purchased American Wife. Hopefully, I'll get to it soon! :)
Amanda said…
I've seen Gone Girl on so many people's "Must Read" lists...guess I need to get ahold of it soon because I LOVE Reese Witherspoon!