Happy New Year!!


We usually host a big New Year's Eve part and I share pictures from that.  This year, Carter is attending out church youth group's party and my sister has to work.  We decided just to have nice, quiet New Year's at home.  I made a big pot of gumbo and we settled in for a movie.  Nice!

Here's some pictures from all of our Christmas adventures.  It all started at my mother-in-law's house.  It was so good to see my nieces and nephew.  We had one of my favorite meals of the year and exchanged gifts.


The kids are getting so big!


Christmas morning at our house is always just the best.  Here's the kids up early and ready to roll.  Don't they looked excited?!


Lauren got the Kindle with a personalized case that she has been wanting forever.


Carter got Memphis Grizzlies tickets as his big gift, but I think he liked the back scratcher the best!


After spending the morning at our house, we go to my parent's house for yet another gift exchange and a huge lunch.  My mom makes the best ham!  I get to see my sisters and my two nephews.


We take turns opening gifts one at a time.  Lauren is waiting not so patiently!


We had photos of the grandkids framed for my parents.  I think they like it!


We went to Memphis over the weekend to go to the basketball game.  We made a pit stop at the world famous Rendevous for some bar-b-que.  It was soooo good!  We also walked Beale Street and took Carter to the Civil Rights Museum.  Lauren stayed with my mom.  It was really special to spend some time with my boys.


Here they are at the game.  The Grizzlies beat the Nuggets.  We were about twelve rows from the court.  It was Carter's first NBA game.  I think he was awed at how big the men are and how high they really jump.  It's a whole different perspective from watching it on T.V.  He's already asking when we can go back!

That's my holiday and now I am preparing for a day of inservice before the kids come back to school.  Here's to hoping for lots of snow - haha!



Comments