Show us Your Life - Favorite Holiday Traditions


I'm happy today to be linking up with Kelly's Korner to show our holiday traditions.  While we do have some of the same things that we do year after year, I am always looking for new things for us to try!  This year, I took my daughter to the Nashville Ballet's production of The Nutcracker.  I've wanted to take her for a while, but I knew it was pretty long.  She's eight this year and also takes ballet classes.  It was the perfect age!  She recognized many of the dance steps and sat through the whole thing amazed.
It is sort of expensive so I don't know if we'll be able to do it every year.  I can see this being added to our list of holiday traditions though!


This is a picture of the kids and their great-grandmother last Christmas.  It is our one set-in-stone holiday tradition to spend Christmas Eve night at her house.  I have thirteen cousins on that side of the family, so it is a packed house!  We just eat a huge meal, visit, and exchange gifts.  Because there are so many, we draw names.  The kids run around and play with their new toys.  By the time we get home that night, it is no trouble getting them in bed.

My grandmother had complications with a gall bladder removal surgery on December 10.  She's 88 years old.  She's known for her sass and toughness.  She still works, drives, and is very independent.  Right now, she is very frail and weak.  Having her family together on Christmas Eve means the world to her.  Please say a little prayer for all of us that our holiday tradition continues this year.  Thank you.

Happy holidays to you all!  I hope it is the best ever!






Comments