Life's A Party!


Life is a party if that's how you look at it.  This has been one of my busiest weeks ever with one thing popping up after another.  I've been expected to be in more that one place at a time.  As a teacher, I am also expected to always have a smile on my face and a positive attitude.  I have to admit that I've had to enlist the help of my husband, my sisters, and my mom to get it all done.  There were also some things that just didn't get done.  I've had to let that go!  There are mornings when I've had to sit in the car for just a minute and ask God to give me what I need to be what my students need.
Today for us is pageant day.  I was worn out and slept in this morning.  When I got up, I found Lauren already practicing in the den.  I'm not stressing at all about this pageant like I usually do.  She's beautiful and happy and we're just going to have fun with it!  Her daddy is taking her to dinner and a play this evening for their father/daughter date night.  No matter what happens at the pageant, today is going to be a party!


Even with all of this going on,  I still wanted to make my daughter's birthday a special day.  I think it is important to celebrate the milestones, not just for the kids but for the adults as well.  We just had a family dinner at our house and it was so nice!  I got this frame at Kathy's here in town and my husband sent me these roses.  I've had my Degas statue for a very long time!



Our party had a French theme and was just so lovely!  I don't know how I threw a party before etsy.  I bought the frame from this shop and the miniature Eiffel Tower from this one.  My burlap table runners came from here and the "Bonne Fete" banner was made here.  My dad sent Lauren these flowers.  How sweet was that?


My two nephews were the only children there so I had Eiffel Tower crayons made here.  They were out on the silver tray with bags and ribbon so they could choose the colors they wanted.  I think some adults took a few, too!


This beautiful pink and black cake with an edible Eiffel Tower came from The Sweet Shop in Smithville.  The little ballerina cupcakes are from Wal-Mart and were leftovers from the ones we took to school.  I had not planned for them to match so well!


Here's the birthday girl looking so grown up.  When your busy life is a party, time flies!  I am going to make more of an effort to slow down and really enjoy it...starting with this nice long weekend!




Comments