Catching Up...


There's a lot going on in my life right now.  I have to admit that painting often falls by the wayside during busy times like this.  I don't get to sit down and allow the creative process to take place.  If you are waiting for an order, please be patient with me!  
Not only am I back at Tennessee Tech this semester to teach art, I am also taking on the Centertown Archery Team.  This is our first year to have a team and I am super excited about it.  I am getting to leave this afternoon to go to Knoxville for two days for a PBS (Positive Behavior Support) training session.  I love my job and the people with whom I work.  I just have to really work on maintaining a balance in my life.


I have had fun participating in "Pay It Forward"!  I am looking forward to creating five unique items in 2013 for each of my fellow artists.  My five are going out to Brittany Hodges, Erica Flatt, Carol Roberts, Michaela Goodwin, and Lindsey Chambers.


I've really been making a effort to be more social.  I know that sounds funny that I have to make an effort to do that, but I do.  I am a bit of a homebody and love time alone.  I don't really have people over a lot and don't accept many invitations.  It's nothing personal.  I guess I am an introvert at heart.  
I've been in my house for almost a year and haven't really had anyone over.  I decided to host a Miss America viewing party.  My girls' night was so much fun!  Why don't I do this more often?  Next up - our church youth group is coming over in a couple of weeks and a birthday party for Lauren!


Finally, I am thinking (just thinking!) about having some art mini-camps this summer.  A lot of people ask me about lessons and I always say no.  It might be fun!  I think it might work better for me after school is out.  If you are local and have any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Do you think I have enough on my plate?  I'm not sure, but I do know that my cup runs over!













Comments