Life's A Party!


Tomorrow is party day at school!  We had movies today and some of the kids left for a day basketball game, but it was a wild one!  I am ready to party and then hibernate for two weeks.  Seriously,  recovering from this illness has completely wiped me out.  
In the "Show Us Your Life" series this Friday, it is Christmas card day.  I love designing our card each year.  I've done it every year since Mike and I were married.  One of my favorite things to do is look back through them at how we've grown and changed.  Look how tiny and sweet the kids are in this one!


This is last year's photo and look how much we've changed in just that small amount of time.  I actually got a little depressed thinking about how much time in our lives is already gone and we can't get it back.  Sometimes I want my kids to be little again and let me hold and squeeze on them a little more.


After a night of tossing and turning last night, I realized that I wasn't depressed about my own family.  I was sad for the all of the families who lost their children in the school shootings.  This event has effected me more than I thought as a parent and a teacher.  They won't get to see their children grow and change.  Their Christmas card will have a blank spot.  They don't get to go back, but they don't get the gift of going forward either.



So, where do you find comfort and answers?  I don't know.  I don't understand how someone could do this.  I don't think it is best for me to look for explanations, but rather to enjoy and appreciate the time that I do have.  We never know when we go to work, wherever that may be, if it is going to be our last day or not.  We don't have a guarantee that when we drop our kids off that we will be picking them up again.


My resolution for 2013 and the rest of my life, no matter how long or short, is to make sure that my husband and children know that I love them.

Life is a party - celebrate!




 









Comments