Christmas 2012


We had such a nice Christmas.  Thankfully, ours are all spread out so we never really feel like we have to rush from place to place.  We got more than we needed and everything we asked for - pretty nice.  More importantly, we spent time with family in warm houses with lots of food.  This is my aunt Carol who lost her husband, Hugh, this year.  I am so glad that she was able to come up from Alabama and spend the holidays with us.


Christmas Eve is always spent at my grandmother's house.  To me, Granny P is the queen of Christmas.  There are five children, thirteen grandchildren, and nine great grandchildren.  Plus, there are spouses and boyfriends and girlfriends.  She makes sure every single person gets a gift!


We have an early Christmas with Mike's sister, Michelle, so they can be home in Franklin for Christmas.  It is always a nice way to sort of kick things off.  Here's the kids with their cousins - they are all growing up so fast!


It was the year of the headband!


It was also the first year that this guy didn't ask for some kind of toy.  It was all video games, gift cards, and clothes.  I never thought he would ask for clothes for Christmas!


Little bit got exactly what she asked for, a new dollhouse!


I don't know who was more excited, me or her!  I had a dollhouse growing up and loved that thing.  I can still remember the names of my family members!  Christmas morning at our house started a little later, was a little quieter, and moved a little slower than years past.


The kids didn't want a picture with Santa this year.  They opted to posed beside the cool polar bear display at Opry Mills instead.  Another sign that they are growing up!

We all spent the day after Christmas in our pajamas - sort of cleaning up and sort of playing around.  I think there may have been a nap or two involved!  Whew!














Comments