Shabby Chic Tree


Kristin Green wanted something special to take to a recent baby shower. She requested a black tree with an aqua background. She also wanted pink flowers on the tree with a "shabby chic" look.


I chose to do the aqua on aqua dots in the background to give it some more visual interest. I knew that the dots in the background would compliment the type of flowers that I wanted to do. I also added a bit of lime green in the leaves.


These are not the colors typically associated with the shabby chic style and I was a bit concerned about how it would all look after distressing. There was no need for worry - it turned out beautifully!
Thank you for the order, Kristin! I hope you and mom loved it!

Comments

that's just beautiful...i wish i was that artistic!!

thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment!