Tie Dying


As many of you know, I teach a class for Tennessee Tech University. It is through the 2+2 program which provides students with all of the classes they need to become teachers in one location. I wish this had been around when I went back to school! I drove all over the mid-state!


The class I teach is Art 3200 "Using Art in the Classroom". This semester I taught two sessions of it, one in McMinnvile and one in Tullahoma. For our final project, we tie dyed! Here are some of my students from both of the classes showing off their talents. They all turned out so well. I especially love the scarves and baby onesies!


Fifth graders don't always want to hunt eggs for Easter. I usually try to find something else fun for them to do at our Easter party. Since I already had the supplies, we tie dyed!


All of their little shirts turned out beautifully! They loved the whole process. Cutting off the rubber bands and seeing the designs inside was the best part.


My TTU students inspired me to do a scarf. This solid white scarf is $8.00 at WalMart. I used lime green, cornflower blue, and aqua. The design is so pretty and looks like watercolor. I can't wait to wear it!


I brought all 24 shirts home with me to launder. Here's my front porch yesterday afternoon. Mike said that it looks like a bunch of hippies live here!

Comments

Susan Helms said…
Awesome! Jealous I didn't have you for art in 2+2!!!!