Spring Break


We love our spring break! For the past four or so years, it has meant basketball for us! It has become tradition to go to whatever round of the men's NCAA basketball tournament is within driving distance. We've gone to some really neat cities that we probably would not have otherwise. This year it was Charlotte, North Carolina!


While the boys go to the games (usually a Friday and a Sunday) Lauren and I check out the town. This year that led to a really cool high rise Super Target, the Charlotte Nature Museum, and Concord Mills shopping center. On the Saturday that we all have together, we sleep in, eat a big breakfast and do something fun! We went to the Discovery Place Children's Museum expecting to spend a couple of hours and ended up staying all day!


With the exception of Tennessee's sad performance, there were some really good games. The guys were super excited to see North Carolina and Duke. I've got a picture like this for every year they've been. Maybe I'll get them all framed together someday!


We stopped in Asheville for the night on the way home. It was gorgeous weather and such a neat town. It's really grown since I was there last. We stayed at the Residences at the Biltmore. I just say that because it is brand new, reasonably priced, and so nice. I highly recommend it if you are planning a visit.


Carter had been begging to go the Biltmore Mansion but I wanted to wait until Lauren was a bit older. I am so glad that I did. The kids enjoyed it inside and out. However, it is a lot of walking and it all seems uphill!

It was a fun little trip, but we are glad to be home. I've been loving not really having a set time to get up and no where in particular to go. I cleaned out the closets and am all set for the consignment sales, too! Gotta love spring break!














Comments

Jenny said…
What a great tradition!!! The Jayhawks are still hanging in there for me!