Show Us Your Life Series - Christmas Decorations


It's better late than never! Kelly's Korner's Show Us Your Life Series was actually yesterday. With the whole family home because of the snow, there was not a quiet minute for me to sit down and get this together. I am making it happen today!
As it turns out, this is more of a tour of trees. Our house is for sale so I decided to keep things really clean and simple. I did go all out on the trees, but there is not much in the way of decorating and knick-knack sitting around. I didn't even get out my Snow Village houses!


This is our main tree in the den. It is sort of a hodgepodge of all of our favorite things. I do try to stick with a red and white theme, but every color is on there! Anytime we travel, I pick up an ornament as a souvenir. There are palm trees, Monticello, lighthouses, and a hand painted ball from Mexico. The kids like getting them out each year and remembering the trip.


These are Lauren's trees in her room. Pink trees and a pink wall make a hard photograph to take! This year I added the lime green touches since she got new pink and green bedding. It was a good way to use what we already had.


Her little ornaments are so sweet!


This is the small tree in the kitchen. It is decorated in candy, cookies, and kitchen things. The vintage candy garland was what my mom used on our tree when we were kids. I loved it then and I love it now.


This little tree might be my favorite!


Carter and Lauren were bound and determined to make a gingerbread house this year. I bought one of those kits and put it away. It made for a perfect snow day activity.


The first few steps were slow going and they almost lost their patience. After that, they really got into it! The counter and floor were an awful, sticky mess...but I let it go and had fun!


The finished product!

Happy holidays from me and my family. Thank you all for stopping by! Now I am off to enjoy the rest of the tour...

Comments