Hoo's Getting a Surprise?


Well, I guess it's not really a surprise since she is the one who asked me to participate! Kelly Roberts and I are exchanging artist's trading cards. She came up with this idea and I think it is just wonderful. This is the one I designed for her. I can't wait to see the one she did for me! If you would like to trade with me, just leave a comment or send an email. It's fun! For more information, visit Kelly's blog.
The cards can be done in any media, so naturally acrylics came to mind for me. But since today is a snow day and I have a little time, I decided to blow the dust off the ol' watercolor set and have some fun. Watercolors are so neat because they look all dry and crusty, but when you add a drop of water they spring to life. I sketched the owl in pencil based on a rubber stamp I have. Then I went over the pencil with a pigment liner that won't run or spread when painted over with water.
I had a great time getting my creative juices flowing with a media that I haven't used in a long time. It felt like visiting an old friend. Thank you, Kelly, for the opportunity. I hope you enjoy your owl.


Comments

awww....I LOVE IT!!!! it is FABULOUS!!!!