Sweet Home Alabama

We decided to take off for a few days on a little family adventure to Alabama. We spent two nights in Huntsville and two in Birmingham. Both cities have some really nice new things to do and places to stay. With us not wanting to spend a lot of money or time in the car, it was perfect.

At the Space and Rocket Center, we did all of the rides and simulators. As you can see, Mike and the kids crammed into one capsule to see what it was really like. The rock climbing wall was also a big hit especially with Lauren. She was actually really good.









































At the McWane Science Center in Birmingham, we had a new family portrait made. Cool, huh?
After dinner at my favorite, the Cheesecake Factory, we let the kids play in the outdoor mall's interactive fountains until waaaayyyy past their bedtime. Ahhh, vacation!














Mike was taking my picture in front of this beautiful fountain and sunset because I desperately need a new photo for the blog. Guess who kept creeping closer and closer? I didn't have the heart to crop her out.

Comments

SugarandSpice said…
Fun! I wish I got to go on a family vacation! Thanks for stopping by my blog:)
Sandy said…
Stopping by from SITS.....looks like you're having a great summer!
Kandice said…
how fun! that is a great picture of you at the bottem and of course of lauren too! how cute!