Wild and Crazy Week

When I went to bed Sunday night, I had a plan for the week. It was a busy week, but I knew where I was supposed to be, what I was supposed to have with me, what was due, what could wait, and even what was for lunch and dinner each day. At about 4:00 Monday morning, all of those plans were scrapped.
I woke up to my son crying because he couldn't get his eye open. I also found myself with an extremely sore throat. At 5:30, I was at school getting ready for a sub. I lost my voice and didn't feel good at all, but did I ever make time to take myself to the doctor? No. I still haven't.
I made myself go to work on Tuesday because I was an honorary park ranger for the day at Rock island State park with a group of ten fifth graders on a Career Day field trip. The fresh air and sunshine was so nice, but it left me exhausted. I did have a somewhat regular day at work on Wednesday aside from a forgotten interview at the radio station and a huge pile of to be graded work. My hubby stayed home with Carter for those two days. What a trooper! He also managed to leave me a little love note on the van windshield one morning. Hey - you take what you can get!
Thursday morning I woke up unable to get my eye open. Again, I found myself at school at 5:30 unexpectedly getting ready for a sub. Will I never learn? I missed t-ball practice and Carter's first game. I missed Clover Bowl and who knows what else...I feel like a bad mom and teacher.
While I am moping at the dinner table, I get a call and find out that I have jury duty on Friday. I got there at 9:30 and I do not make it back to my van until 6:40. My birthday dinner was supposed to start at 6:00. I guess what I am getting at is that I always have in mind what I am supposed to do and that is not always a bad thing. So why am I up at midnight writing? I couldn't sleep because I was lying thinking about all of the things I am supposed to do tomorrow. Like I said, will I never learn?

Comments

LeAnne Grissom said…
Sounds like you handle the week like a trooper. Now it is the weekend and you can relax. I hope everyone is feeling better now. The note on the windshield is so sweet. Thoes are the things that mean the most. Just a note from what I hear A fantastic Teacher. I know you are a great mother too. It will be summer soon and we will be wishing we had things to do, or I do sometimes.... Have a great weekend.
I hope your feeling better.