The Girl Can Cook

Well, I can follow a recipe anyway! I have been cooking instead of painting all afternoon and have had a really good time. If there was some way for me to cook without going to the grocery store, I would really be a happy person! Here are a few of the really easy, but really yummy, finger foods I made today.

Veggie Pizzas - roll out one can of cresent rolls on a baking sheet and bake at 350 until done. It doesn't take very long so keep an eye on it! While it cools mix one container of whipped cream cheese and one packet of ranch dressing mix. The regular cream cheese works fine, but the whipped spreads easier. Also dice about one cup of broccoli and one cup of cauliflower. I use my mini-chopper!
Spread the cream cheese on the cooled crust, top with broccoli and cauliflower, and then a few handfuls of shredded cheese. Press it all down with your hands then slice into little squares with a pizza cutter. I like to keep these in the fridge for a healthy after school snack. The kids love them and I am sneaking in a few vegetables!

My mother-in-law served this with her Thanksgiving dinner and I fell in love. It is so good that I eat it by itself. It is very light and refreshing. This is the first time I have made it and it just doesn't get any easier than this!
Cranberry Orange Salad - drain one big can of crushed pineapple and one big can of mandarin oranges saving the juices. Bring the juices to boil. While it is heating, mix together one small package of cherry jello, the oranges and pineapple, 1/4 cup chopped pecans, and one can of whole cranberry sauce. Add the hot juices and refrigerate until solid.

This fruit salad makes your kitchen smell like tropical heaven. It is one of my mom's favorite recipes. I am taking it to the new member dinner tonight at church!
Fruit Salad - Drain one large can of chunk pineapple and two cans of mandarin oranges, saving juices. Take one box of cook and serve vanilla pudding mix and prepare it to the directions on the box, using the juices instead of milk. This is the good smelling part! Let it cool completely. I put it in the fridge to cool quicker. While it is cooling, mix a few chopped bananas, drained maraschino cherries, some chopped pecans, and the pineapple and oranges. Pour the cooled mixture on top and mix.


After cleaning up, I always take the maraschino cherry juice and make myself a diet cherry pepsi and put my feet up...for a few minutes anyway!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your veggie pizza! It is the best. And I think we should pay someone to go to the grocery store, I can't stand grocery shopping!

Emily
Anonymous said…
Thanks for posting some quick recipes..with the holidays everyone needs a little something quick and easy..I'll be trying out the veggie pizza.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas.
Monica S.
Sheila said…
It all sounds yummy! We had a great time at the party Friday night. Everything was great. You out did yourself.
Have a blessed week, remeber to stop and breath!
:)
Sheila
Anonymous said…
you won the Treandy Spot Contest!
Holly said…
Yummy! I now have a huge craving for veggie pizza. My only problem is that no one else in my house will eat it--bummer.