Giving Special Gifts

Two special friends are getting surprise gifts today. The taupe, black, and white hand painted candlestick is going to Pam Shelton. She is always bringing Lauren sweet little dresses and shoes that Mallory has outgrown. We always appreciate that! Pam has a truly giving heart.
The burgundy, black, and white candlestick is going to Anne Vance. Anne is my book supplier! She brings me a book or two (or three) to read and return. She is the first one to volunteer to take the kids somewhere, offer to babysit, or to offer a ride. I have never known anyone so giving of their time and so happy to do it.
As you can tell, I have a giving theme going on today. I guess you could call that my back-to-school resolution, to be more giving of myself, my time, and my heart. I am starting with these very simple gifts and kind words from my heart. I hope the colors match you kitchen, Pam, and your newly painted office, Anne.
I've been thinking about this verse: Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
II Corinthians 8:24


post signature

Comments