Alison's Butterflies


One of my very best customers, Alison Cummins, wanted something other than the bunny for spring. She had the snowman hanging in her entry hall and had really enjoyed it this winter. She wanted to keep that size (12x24) of canvas. Her walls are sort of a lime green color and she thought maybe butterflies would work.
I decided to expand on the lime green walls and use several different shades in that same family; lime, aqua, teal, and forest green. I kept the wings white to really show the colors and patterns. I used the patterns and added a dragonfly to make it a little more sophisticated and "grown up".
I would love to try this same canvas in other color families. I really like how it turned out. She can leave it up all through summer! Thanks so much, Alison!

Comments